A Brazilian Portuguese Language Editor
We are on the hunt for a speaker of Brazilian Portuguese to edit children’s literature that has been translated from English into Brazilian Portuguese
- Ensuring the accuracy and quality of translated materials (including various types of prose and verse translated from English into Brazilian Portuguese, marketing material, webpage translations, etc.),
- planning and creating written materials,
- editing copies and improving on them (correcting, adapting and adjusting texts according to the company’s literary style and the directions of the editing team),
- developing concepts for content.
- Brazilian Portuguese language proficient (preferably native speaker)
- thorough knowledge of the English language (knowledge of other languages is a plus),
- refined sense of language and literature,
- awareness of not only cultural, but also other features of the target language,
- ability to provide constructive feedback,
- ability to pay great attention to detail,
- constant contact with the everyday culture of Brazilian Portuguese speakers (also children’s customs, habits, mannerisms) and the ability to incorporate this into texts as needed,
- creative thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, inventiveness,
- experience with children’s literature (poetry and prose) is an advantage,
- extreme precision, ability to multitask (multiple projects at once), ability to work efficiently under pressure and handle tight deadlines,
- ability to localize – taking the initiative to offer suggestions for content improvement, so that the final texts are in full compliance with the target market.
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE:
- You are naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions,
- you like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges,
- you keep calm, even under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Contract work,
- competitive pay,
- regular feedback and support,
- the support to develop your skills and grow professionally and personally.
Do you think you have that it takes? Send us your application and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch!